Canterwood Crest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perfect Attendance

Go down

Perfect Attendance Empty Perfect Attendance

Post by C4 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:35 pm

So this is the book me and my friend are working on together. Yea there are a few cuss words but those were all my friend. I did a lot of the serious and the humor. my friends is probably gonna get super mad at me for sharing but oh well

“What’s up, Dean?” I turned around to see Brian with the same lopsided grin that I remembered.
I smiled widely at my best friend, and said, “Nothing much, man! How was D.C.?”  
“Great, the graffiti was freaking beautiful, dude! How was your Mom’s house? I know Maryland must’ve been cool.”
I shrugged, “It was fine, I guess. She’s really laid back so I got to do more. Dad’s always so strict. It was a nice change.”
“Yeah, so you ready for that math pre-assessment I’ve been up all night studying, even when my mom served chocolate cake, so I better get an A.”
I laughed loudly, but Brian looked dead serious.
“Um, well, I forgot about it.” He looked at me with wide brown eyes; he kind of looked like a deer in headlights. I looked at him strangely.
“Dude, Mr. Corner is even worst than your dad. If you get a low B, he will be all over you like a cat on a hairball.”
“Nice analogy Brian,” I rolled my eyes pointedly.
“I’m serious, Dean. Gina said that when she went to Ace Crandall High he bit a kid’s ear off for breaking his pencil.”
“Brian, that’s just a stupid rumor. It’s the beginning of the school year too; I doubt he will barely care if I get an F.”
Just then, the deafening bell that signaled first period rang throughout campus. I was at the parking lot, so it’s pretty impressive I had to cover my ears.
“I got Mrs. Faine now. She’s a real hag. See you later Dean, remember what I said.”
“Whatever.  ‘Bye.” Brian jogged off to the east side of the main building, while I started walking to the west.
Brian had been my closest friend since Kindergarten, when he got jelly in my ears. At the time I was furious, but we worked past it, and started hanging out. We did everything together, from throwing rocks at girls, throwing mud at girls, and throwing bugs at girls. We had a lot in common too, from our throwing techniques to favorite types of bugs. Also it was good to get away from my veteran dad, who strongly disapproved of my activities i.e. hurling things at girls. His dad encouraged it though, especially when it was Brian’s older sister, Gina. Whoever got her to scream got thirty points!
We were inseparable throughout elementary, and most of middle school. In 8th grade, we both had a huge crush on Brooklyn, head cheerleader and queen of mini skirts. We would basically drool over her every time at football practice. We got in this big fight though when he asked her out to Pizza Joes. She rejected him, but I was extremely angry at him. We threw a couple of punches, but it didn’t solve anything. We didn’t talk for the whole summer, and I had to hang out with Reggie… Reggie ate his own earwax… Worst. Summer. Ever.
When we became freshmen, we made up though. That was two years ago, and we are best friends to this day.
“DEAN!! DEAN PARKER!!! GET OVER HERE MISTER!!!!!”
I turned around to see none other than Lily Wick, the most talkative girl in the 11th grade, or maybe the entire town of Crandall. Or Virginia.
“Ha, how are you Lily?” I tried my best not to run.
She shook her blonde bangs hair out of her eyes, and giggled like a maniac. I laughed awkwardly.
“Wow, did you get taller Dean? You’re like a giant now!” She emphasized this with her arms, waving them above her head.
“6’1 actually. What are you, 5’6?”
She giggled again, “5,3. I have to go now. I hope we have classes together!” And with that, she bounded off looking like at medium sized dog. As I tried to walk away, who but Jackson bumped into me? I realized that I would probably be late to class if I kept being a human magnet.
I smiled at him, but he probably couldn’t notice through his long dirty blonde hair.
“Dean, my man! I recognize the smell of gun powder and fruit loops anywhere!”
“Ha-ha… Hey Jackson, how was the waves this summer?”
“Dude, they were all like BOOM! And the others were like BA-BANG! Another one was like KASSSHHOOOOSH! You should’ve been there. My girlfriend Sam made the best tofu burgers. You would love it.”
“Totally Jackson. You know, we have actual school today… I think you have to wear shoes… And a shirt.”
He laughed, and said, “Oh, well. If they send me to I.S.S. at least I could take a nap.” I understood he was a surfer dude who practically lived for the ocean, but maybe he was just a little too laid back.
“I’m not exactly sure how that’s going to roll over, Jackson.”
“Everything goes fine if you set your mind to it, dude. Now, let’s go get inside at least. The vibe here seriously messing with my flow…” He said this as ominous as a priest at a funeral.
“I agree, Jackson. Let’s go.”
We started casually strolling, and I started hoping for no more distractions.
“What did you do this summer, brah?”
“Hm? Oh, I stayed at my Mom’s house in Maryland. My parents are divorced, and I go there every year.”
“Sorry dude. My parents live in Beverly Hills. Dad’s a film director, Mom’s a nurse.”
“Oh- then what happened to?... Never mind… Hey, how’s your girlfriend?
“Sam used to be pretty cool. She’s blonde and blue eyed, ya know, pretty. I thought she was with it, but she started asking me to take her out. Why would I ever want to kill her? I want to break up, but she goes crazy whenever I bring it up. You got a lady friend, Dean? Girls love tall guys.”
“Nah, not since Emma…”
“YOU dated Emma Scott? That chick is a total smart aleck. She is always saying ‘Jackson don’t eat that purple leaf!’ ‘Jackson read a book!’ or even ‘Jackson, get out of the girl locker room! And put on pants!’ She is so demanding!”
“Yeah, but she broke up with me. Apparently I’m ‘too violent’. I can’t help that I’m the son of a veteran! Guns are just fun! Pfft…”
He scowled at me. “Violence sucks dude. You should-“
Just as Jackson was trying to lecture me (Jackson and lecture are not allowed to be in the same sentence but I’ll make an exception) the bell rang again. While he was rolling on the ground covering his ears, I quickly escaped inside before the doors were locked. I started to notice how the sun was quickly being covered by large amounts of dark clouds that were rapidly crossing the sky.
I sighed once inside, and turned around to stare at a mole I was quit familiar with.
“Mr. Parker, late again I see.”
I was too mesmerized by the obvious mole on her face I could only respond in a monkey-like grunt.
“Well, I see your brain cells have seriously deteriorated since last year. If that’s humanly possible.”
“Ooh.”
“First day of school, and you’re already late, my my. Must be a record.”
By now I had composed myself enough to register Ms. Walls as passive aggressive comments.
“Still a low paying secretary I see.” She frowned like a toddler, a really hideous toddler.
“Mr. Parker, I could have you suspended for language like that!”
“Why don’t you then,” I challenged in a bored tone.
“Here’s your tardy slip…”
I smirked, and took the pink slip of paper from the bitter old lady, while she returned her attention to barking at another student.

As I walked through the empty halls of Ace Crandall High School, I realized something. It actually felt good to be back. Fighting with the secretary, talking with Brian, and narrowly avoiding awkward conversations had become my favorite thing to do. I smiled, thinking of about this realization.
As I went to the boy’s bathroom to do the obvious, I was glad to see no one else randomly ran into me.
I pushed the door open, and OF COURSE I saw Aiden Michaels writing something down in a little black notebook, standing quietly near the rusted sinks. “WHY DO I RUN INTO EVERYBODY?!” I said aloud, not noticing until Aiden looked up at me.
“What’s your problem?” Aiden asked noticing me. Everybody was right. Aiden did look like a vampire. He just seemed like one with his jet black hair and his deathly pale skin. His eyes were hazel, unless they were blue on some days, or black.  I was fully expecting him to be drinking a vat of blood. His reputation around school was a loner junior, a guy all the girls loved when Twilight was the most popular. Except the ones that liked hairy guys with no shirts.

“Um, never mind…” I replied even more awkward. He rolled his eyes, and looked back at the small notebook. He nudged my shoulder with his as he walked out. I ignored it and just washed my face. After I threw away the damp paper towel, I walked out and towards my classroom. I opened the door that had a name plate on it and read:
MRS. FINWID
11th GRADE SCIENCE
The classroom was bright and I immediately could name at least a couple of the people in there. Including Emma Scott, Phillip Thompson, and Peter Henderson. Phillip was a beast on guitar and he was also a good singer. I could see him becoming a famous musician someday. Peter was taller than me, possibly at 6’8 now. Everybody thought he was mean, with a dark brown hair, and dark wolf eyes. He looked unkind, but I had nothing to judge him by. My only interaction with him is when he asked for my pencil.
Emma Scott was my ex from freshman year. She actually asked me out when there was a dance, and no other boy came in a fifteen feet radius of her. Too bad she caught me by surprise… She basically threatened me to come, saying if I didn’t, her position as school president could make my life a living Hell.
She came to my house and dressed me… which I would’ve liked if she had chose something less… flamboyant as a peach colored suit, and pink tie.
Emma is gorgeous though, with wavy blonde hair, small waist, and deep blue eyes. But nobody likes her because she’s a backstabbing bitch. Except for Katie Wick and Riley Tormis.
I walked over to Mrs. Finwid, and she glared at me with her very manly eyes. Her face was contorted in such a way; I thought she was a gorilla. The fact she was wearing a large fur coat didn’t help.
I quickly handed her the pass, and rushed to a seat beside Phillip. He grinned and waved, and I flashed him a brief smile. Phillip has been trying to grow a beard since middle school, and now it was finally working out for him. It looked like five o’clock shadow, but looked good. He had hazel eyes, and light brown hair. Phillip also had a big, bright smile.
“While Mr. Parker is with us, I can continue our discussion,” Mrs. Finwick started talking. She sounded like Louis Armstrong. Hey, she can be a singer one day! I love Louis Armstrong.
“Anyway,” She went on. “You have heard of the recent epidemic that has been going on. It is very mysterious, and many scientists cannot make heads or tails of it. Your loved ones may have come down with this disease. I am required to tell you the symptoms so you can get help as soon as possible. It is very dangerous, and we need to warn you.”
Nobody said a word. Many of us had family who had it. It was weird because it made the person really violent…
“One, you may feel very slow and sluggish. You cannot follow speech very well.”
Someone coughed.
“Two, you feel your bones sliding around in their sockets. Three, you have… weird cravings for… Brains.”
“YOU SAYING WE A ZOMBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE FU-“
“MR. WILLIAMS!!!!!!”
Bradley, the school troublemaker, was standing up in his seat looking like we just told him chicken was pizza and cats were clouds. He’s pretty short, so he at full height isn’t very impressive. He has black hair and brown eyes, which were very startled. Mrs. Finwick had a fierce look on her face.
“Mr. Williams, no interruptions. These are NOT zombies. I repeat NOT zombies. They just look like zombie-ish you could say…” She trailed off. The classroom was in complete disarray after Bradley’s outburst. I was trying to make what Mrs. Kye was saying into something nice in my head, but nothing clicked. It basically sounded like we were going to all become flesh eating monsters. I guess Bradley’s training in video games would pay off for him…maybe. I had been outside practicing defensive techniques with my father and even Brian came over to try a few times but stopped after I accidently punched him in the side a bit too hard and possibly kicked him somewhere else…
He still practiced with us, just not the fighting skills on humans; he used punching bags and dummies. He was getting better and soon I would try to get him to practice with me again, but it would take time to earn his trust in a fight and such. The bell rang at the end of the period and I rushed out of the classroom to find my locker and hopefully find the rest of my schedule which I thought was in my backpack.
I fought my way through the halls and reached my blue locker and put in the combination 17-40-41. It clicked and I opened it, accidently whacking a person walking towards me’s face. “Ow! Dude, why did you do that?!”
“Oops, sorry man; I didn’t mean to hit you Brian.”
“It’s cool and anyways, I’ve got to talk to you at lu- never mind. Look!” He pointed the opposite way I was facing. I turned to see a pale kid walking limply and his mouth hung low; much lower than a normal jaw. The kid was growling or something of the sort. He sounded like Brian’s stomach when he got hungry. It’s face was crooked, and it’s clothes were stained with something dark red, which I would’ve immediately assumed was ketchup, but lunch was in a few hours. He looked young, so I thought he was a freshman. His eyes were blood red, but still the most lively part of him.

C4
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Perfect Attendance Empty Re: Perfect Attendance

Post by C4 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:35 pm

There's more I just couldn't post all of it lol

C4
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: